Have a general question about the The Marketplace by TheBlaze?
Have a question about your order?
Contact the shop owner of the item(s) you purchased directly via email. The shop owner's contact information can be viewed on their Contact Us page.
Placing an Order
If you're new to Markdown.com, placing an order in The Marketplace is easy. There's no need to create an account first. You automatically create an account when you place your first order online. (We cannot accept orders by phone, fax, or e-mail. All orders must be placed online.)
Here are the steps you need to follow to place an order. If you have any problems when following these steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find the Items You Want
- Use the SEARCH bar at the top right of each page to use keyword search.
- Browse each category on the homepage.
- Once within a category, you can sort by Name, Price, or Shop.
Add the Items to Your Shopping Cart
- From the product detail page, select your quantity and click the “Add to Cart” button to add that product to your cart.
Proceed to Checkout
- Click the “My Cart” link in the upper right-hand corner of any page to visit your cart and then click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
Sign In/Create a New Account
- You automatically create an account when you place your first order online.
- If you have an account, click the “Already registered? Click here to login.” link at the top of the cart to auto populate the shipping and billing information fields.
Enter a Shipping Address
- If you are a new customer or if you are a registered user that wants to ship your order to a different address than your last order, enter your shipping address in the appropriate fields. Please note that we are currently only offering shipping to the contiguous 48 US States and APO addresses. Please review the “Shipping Information” link on the shop owner page to confirm if the items you ordered are able to be shipped to a PO Box and to estimate delivery timeframe.
Choose a Shipping Method
- Select Ground (note: shop owners use various carriers, but the Marketplace offers a “Ground” method to represent the various methods used by shop owners. This
Ground method does not mean UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Please review the “Shipping Information” link on the shop owner homepage to confirm carrier details.
Provide Payment Information
- Enter your Credit Card information. We proudly accept AMEX, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
Review and Submit Your Order
- Review all of the information you entered and when you are sure you want your card to be processed, click the “Place Order Now” button to submit your order.
Check Your Order Status
- Review your account and order history anytime when you are logged in at http://markdown.com/customer/account/
- If you setup a new account, we will send you an email to confirm your account login details.
Note: Items offered on our website are sold by The Marketplace shop owners. Shipping policies may vary by type of order and by shop owner. The shop owner of each item in your order will be clearly noted on the Shopping Cart page.
Due to the nature of running a small business, please be aware that some of our shop owners may have limited quantities. We strive to provide you with the best selection of products at all times and encourage you to check back frequently.
Where's My Order?
- If you would like to review details about the order(s) you placed, click the My Account link in the top right corner of most pages on our site. Then, click on the “My Orders” link on the lefthand side of page.
- Click on the “View Order” link next to the order you want to view then scroll down and click the “Track your order” link in the Items Ordered bar.
- You can also click on the “Shipments” tab on your order page to view all tracking information.
Problem With an Order
Returns and Refunds
**No returns or refunds after 30 days from date of purchase.**
Please review the Shipping Information page for each shop owner to review any further restrictions. Approval of returns is at the discretion of each shop owner.
The Marketplace does not accept returns of the following items:
- Items that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases
- Any product missing the serial number or UPC
- Downloadable software products
- Gift cards
- Grocery/food products (unless spoiled or broken upon arrival)
How Do I Return an Item?
To initiate a return of an item or to request a replacement, please send an email to the shop owner’s customer service team. To view a shop owner's contact information visit their Contact Us page and to view their return policy specifics, view their shipping information page. From there, you can read more about the shop owner and its return policy.
Viewing or Canceling Orders
- If you would like to review details about the order(s) you placed before it enters the shipping process, click the My Account link in the top right corner of most pages on our site. Then, click on the “My Orders” link on the left-hand side of page.
- To cancel the item before it ships, email the shop owner (contact information can be found on the shop owner’s About Us page) to request the cancellation. It is at the discretion of the shop owner to decide if they can cancel your order before shipping. If your order is canceled, your card authorization will either not be processed or if the authorization has been processed, your refund will be applied to the card you used as your original form of payment.
- Orders already in the shipping process cannot be modified.
Shipping Rates & Information
- Shipping rates vary by product and by shop owner. When buying items from multiple shop owners, please note that different shipping rates will be applied to each shops' items in your cart. Each shop owner will strive to provide you with the best shipping rates possible.
- Shop owners use various shipping methods and will always consider the best options available to offer you so you receive the best rates and fastest, highest quality delivery possible.
APO, FPO, and DPO Addresses
Having trouble entering an APO, FPO, or DPO address? Following these steps should help:
- City field: Enter "APO,"FPO," or "DPO."
- State/Province/Region field: Enter the two-letter code for the region where the recipient is stationed. Typically, but not always, the code is "AE" for recipients stationed in Europe, Canada, Africa, or the Middle East; "AA" for recipients stationed in the Americas; and "AP" for recipients stationed in Asia or the Pacific.
- Country field: Always select "United States" from the drop-down menu regardless of where the recipient is stationed.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We proudly accept Visa, AMEX, Mastercard and Discover.
- Prices are at the discretion of the shop owner and vary by product and category.
- Promotions will be made available and honored at the discretion of shop owners and The Marketplace.
Featured Flash Sales
What is a flash sale?
A flash sale is a daily (sometimes weekly) special deal on 1-2 featured items where you can earn savings as big as 75%. The items are in very limited supply and once they sell out, the deal is over.
When is the next featured flash sale?
Flash sales will resume within the new marketplace in the coming months. When a flash sale launches, you will see a promotional banner on the markdown.com homepage promoting it.
Managing Your Account Information
Change Name, E-mail, or Password
- Click the My Account link in the top right corner of most pages on our site.
- Then, click the “Account Information” link on the lefthand side of the page
- From there, you will be able to edit your name, email, and password.
Selling at Markdown.com
Interested in becoming a Marketplace shop owner?
Visit this page to fill out an application: Marketplace Application
Interested in recommending a company to The Marketplace?
Fill out some basic information about the company by visiting our Recommend A Marketplace page to submit your referral.